Good Afternoon KPS Community,
It certainly has been a whirlwind week after our snap three day lockdown. I want to commend our wonderful staff and students who have demonstrated resilience and adapted so well during this week. Today our Premier further eased restrictions across the Perth Metropolitan and Peel regions.
For Week 3, there are a few changes to the restrictions at KPS. These are;
- Parents are still permitted on school site
- Parents must wear a mask indoors, however, if they can social distance outside a mask is not necessary. It would however be wise to carry a mask on you at all times just in case
- Assemblies with parents can go ahead, with masks and 2msq social distancing rules applying
- School staff will wear masks indoors, unless they need to remove them for instruction
- School staff on duty are not required to wear a mask outdoors, unless they are unable to social distance from other adults
- Therapists are allowed on school site and must wear a mask indoors
- Playgrounds are open
- Parent helpers are allowed in the classroom with a mask on
- Parent events, such as Mother’s Day are allowed with the 2msq social distancing rule and masks worn if you cannot social distance outside, as well as masks being worn indoors
- All before/after school coaching/classes that are on school grounds can occur
- No birthday cakes or shared food is allowed between students
- We are still providing access to hand sanitiser in every classroom, however you are more than welcome to supply your own for your child
These restrictions will apply for all of Week 3 and will be revised 7th/8th May depending on the situation in the community.
Please feel free to get in touch if you have any further questions.
30 April 2021