On behalf of all the staff at KPS, we would like to warmly welcome our new and existing students and families to the 2022 school year. Over the last few days, our staff have been engaging in professional learning and preparation for the year ahead. We are all really excited to continue improving our school’s physical environment and the learning outcomes for all 327 of our students.
I want to assure you all that we are committed to providing a face-to-face learning program to your children using the latest health advice, additional cleaning provisions and improved ventilation systems in our school. As the COVID situation inevitably evolves in Western Australia then so will our planning and procedures. We will adapt and be flexible, as of Monday 31 January the following will be in place:
- Schools will be open for face to face learning from next Monday.
- Masks to be worn indoors (except for teaching, eating and drinking).
- At this stage students aren’t required to wear masks (they can if they choose to).
- Parents are allowed on-site, but need to wear a mask if they come into the classroom or office.
- Volunteers/Class helpers are permitted, but need to wear a mask indoors.
- Parents/Carers are not required to be vaccinated to enter the school unless they are volunteering on a regular basis (more than once a week).
- In the event of an outbreak, the classroom effected may need to be closed for deep cleaning. If it is a larger outbreak it may mean larger parts of the school are closed for cleaning.
- If students are directed to isolate as a close contact or contract COVID-19 they will be provided with a remote learning program (if they are well enough to complete it). This can be provided online or by paper.
- Assemblies, interschool sports and community events will continue to proceed.
- Schools will be the first to open and the last to close. We are committed to continue providing a quality learning program and keeping your children as safe as possible at school.
I would like to welcome Ms Sara Skjold, who will be our new PP/1 teacher in Rm15. Ms Skjold joins us from Koorana Primary School in Rockingham where she taught for 15 years. We know Ms Skjold will be a valuable asset to our school. Please make her feel welcome.
We will be advertising for the role of an Aboriginal Islander Education Officer later this term. In the meantime, we would like to welcome Ms Roxy Hirschausen who will be working in the role. Roxy is well known to our community and will be providing much appreciated assistance to our indigenous students and families. Please make her feel welcome.
The new uniforms have arrived and look absolutely amazing. I can’t wait to see how they look on Monday. We will be ordering more uniforms this term as the demand has been so great. Students are still permitted to wear the old uniform. Please see Janine in the uniform shop for more information.
Our out of hours school care provider has moved in over the holidays and is looking fantastic. They are just waiting on the final government approval to be signed off on. We are hoping this will happen early next week. Please stay in contact directly with them for more information. They can be contacted on 9473 8402 or 9473 8407.