It’s been a busy start to the new school year with our students settling into their new routines after the summer holidays. 2022 promises to be a year like no other with COVID-19 present in our community. You can rest easily knowing that we have spent much of the summer holidays preparing for all outcomes and possibilities that may come our way. We are committed to a face to face learning model and in the event of any student that may need to isolate we are ready to provide remote learning.
You may have noticed we have painted all the exterior doors and interior classroom walls from Rooms 1-11. The classroom renovations that began in Term 1 last year are now complete and these rooms are essentially brand new. We have also updated all the signage across the school. I appreciate all the positive feedback you have provided me on how good our school’s physical environment now looks.
I want to thank Janine and Tina in the uniform shop for their efforts in getting the new uniforms out to parents. It was a monumental task given the amount of orders and they managed to get them all out for day one. The new uniforms look absolutely sensational on our students.
Current COVID-19 Restrictions
– Parents are no longer permitted in classrooms but can still drop off and pick up on site. Where it is not possible to social distance please wear a mask outside.
– Assemblies will now be performed virtually.
– Parent/teacher meetings can only be held over the phone or using WebEx/Teams (no longer in person).
– Please avoid gathering around before and after school.
– At this stage camps are not permitted, however our Year 6 camp is not scheduled until Term 3, so we will keep you updated.
– The definition for close contacts has changed, isolation time is reduced from 14 days to 7 provided a negative test result is received on the 7th day.
Out of School Care
Our new onsite out of school care is open and ready to take bookings. This service will provide our students with the opportunity to attend day and vacation care at school under the supervision of the lovely YMCA staff (who are fully qualified day care operators). They operate from 6:00-8:30am and 3:00-6:00pm and are located in the old kindergarten building near the staff car park.
Please contact the YMCA directly for more information on 9473 8402 or 9473 8407.
KPS School Charter
Our KPS School Charter has now been in effect for one year. We developed this charter with our staff and community. You may have seen it around the school as we have many signs that were created. It is our expectation that our staff and community uphold the values of our charter as it is the binding document that makes our school great.